Pebble Hill Plantation is an estate of 3,000 acres located in Thomas and Grady counties of Georgia. Originally established as a working plantation in the antebellum era, Pebble Hill’s modern history is one of a winter home and sporting plantation. It was in 1896 that Cleveland, Ohio businessman, Howard Melville Hanna, Sr., purchased the property and gave it to his daughter, Kate Hanna Ireland (Harvey) in 1901. It was Mrs. Harvey who oversaw the construction of virtually all of the buildings currently on site. These buildings were utilized for the various functions that were now a part of the 20th century Pebble Hill lifestyle.